Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community

Ducks Fly Together!...Straight Into The Ground

Discussion in 'Articles' started by levans70, Feb 11, 2021.

1. levans70

levans70 New Member

February 10th, the year of our lord 2021. It has been exactly 1 week since Mash has made any roster adjustments, a new season high. He has seen fit to allow only myself and BobbyBanner to survive his roster holocaust, praise be to our fearless leader. After 3 straight overtime losses in our last series, the Brokeback Mountaineers would look to get things going against the new look Mighty Ducks, fresh off a series loss to Dora's Backpack in which some of the nicest goals Kelch has ever seen were scored. Now the starting line ups:

For YOUR Brokeback Mountaineers,

At G, a man who needs no introduction, Mash chose him over a multi-year friendship, it's Bcripps!
    [​IMG]

At LD, owner of islands and blamer of controllers, Yambag!
    [​IMG]

At RD, the 1 bod God and known survivor of Mash's roster purification operation, BobbyBanner!
    [​IMG]

At RW, another 1 bod God, compliments of McDollarMenu's waiver wire, Vizh!
    [​IMG]

At LW, he broke his neck in a car accident and still put up an 8 point game, Captain Mash!
    [​IMG]

At C, I've recently invested in year round property on Mash's coattails, ya boy ovens
    [​IMG]

Now let's meet the "Mighty" Ducks:

At G, Superstar!
    [​IMG]

At LD, Young Kelch!
    [​IMG]

At RD, DerekGNR!
    [​IMG]

At LW, JonMonkey!
    [​IMG]

At RW, Schwatz!
    [​IMG]

At C, captain Jelly!
    [​IMG]

Game 1: The Mountaineers strike early in the 1st on a Mash snipe (this will become a theme throughout the night). Jonmonkey ties it up near the end of the 2nd period after a nice long pass from Jelly. Tied heading into the 3rd, Mash streaks down the boards in the 3rd and picks his usual corner to put us up 1. Minutes later, a turnover in the neutral zone springs levans on a breakaway for the dagger, 3-1 win for the Mountaineers.
    [​IMG]

Game 2: A true goaltenders duel, Superstar and Cripps were both in top form keeping their teams in the fight in this one. The first goal isn't scored until late in the 2nd, when Vizh buries on a wide open net on the rush. Despite multiple powerplay opportunities, we couldn't find anymore support for a carrying Bcripps, and with under a minute to go in the game, Young Kelch comes barreling in to tie it up on the rebound. There is a glimmer of hope in the the Ducks locker room. Alas...
    [​IMG]
    Captain Mash cuts Kelch's soundboard short, sniping another goal following the neutral zone faceoff to retake the lead. In what might have been the craziest minute of the series, Kelch would score again, this time from the point on a one timer, or so he thought. The goal was called off for interference. Which let's be honest, we all knew was coming. Imagine a world where Kelch scores on a point shot against Bcripps lol. 2-1 win in regulation, and the series clinched.
    [​IMG]

Game 3: This was....something. I'm not gonna type out every single instance, but this should sum up the offense;
    [​IMG]
    The Mountaineers finish out the night with a 9-0 slaughtering of the once Mighty Ducks. They say that when it rains, it pours, and against their better judgement the Ducks just tried to swim through a flood of goals. Cripps finally secured a shutout we didn't blow for him in the dying minutes, and Jelly booked his team an all expenses paid trip to join Schwatz on Yam's private island for some team building exercises before next week's series. Frankly, it looks like paradise to me.
    unknown.png

GGs in the chat boys

2. Young Kelch

Young Kelch Well-Known Member Admin

Ggs good writeup sir... “imagine a world scores from the world where kelch scores from the point on Cripps” pretty accurate. Sadly it was needed as I had half my teams scoring on the night from LD. But two kelch goals in a minute would have been great.... but not when it’s the only scoring in the game *hints directed at my team* upload_2021-2-11_15-51-49.gif

3. Yambag021

Yambag021 Well-Known Member King of Media Admin