Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community

Eagle Fang Puckers feast on Duck and finger pop the Chinese Finger Traps

Discussion in 'Write-Ups' started by x Sober Enuff x, Jan 29, 2021.

1. x Sober Enuff x

x Sober Enuff x Well-Known Member Captain Media

Well well well, hello 239. It's been awhile since Ian the Berean has thrown together a write-up, but here we are. Sober wanted to do the gifs and post it for me, because if I left it all to Sober you'd have nothing but mouth hugging gifs. Don't get excited, it's best to curb your expectations starting now.

Double header treasure provided for your masticating pleasure, as the Eagle Fang Puckers handled business in week 2. With tough matchups against Jelly and Hergy, Odds squad walked away with 10 points. The devil is in the details as they say, so let's get to the meat!

[​IMG]

Let's meet our starting lineup

Captain and coach

RD Odd Guy
    [​IMG]

C Ian the Berean
    [​IMG]
    he is the guy on the right!

LW Roman (vs Jelly)/Adrenaline (vs Hergy)
    [​IMG]

RW Sober
    [​IMG]

LD Bomber
    [​IMG]
    ^ he is done fucking around GM7 from here on out!

G Curdogg

Series 1 vs The Mighty Ducks (Jelly)
    [​IMG]

In this series I would go against my best friend at C, Young Kelch. Kelch having experience at C for all of two weeks, I knew the faceoffs wouldn't be fair but…
    [​IMG]

Like Anakin, Kelch knew I had the high ground, but just as Obi Wan had to slay his apprentice I too had to dominate the dots.
    [​IMG]

Game 1:

From the very first puck drop in game 1 it was obvious that Jelly's team was going to struggle, as Odd's team defense built a wall around Curdogg allowing little to no shots on net. Add on top of that Roman and Sober making Jelly's defense night a living hell trying to break the puck out, and you have a recipe for struggle bus.
    [​IMG]

The first game started with the teams fighting over the puck in the neutral zone for the first 5 min. Roman and Sober began buzzing on the forecheck early, as Ian would receive the puck from Roman and give it back quick for a short side 1T, it rebounds and Ian tucks it 5 hole. It took over a period before Eagle Fang would find the twine again, as Odd would set up sober for a one timer off the faceoff to make it 2-0 Odd. The third period provided a little more offense from Jelly's team, but curdogg came up big several times. Eventually Roman made it 3-0 streaking down the left boards, circling into the middle and sniping top left cheese. Curdogg's shutout gets ruined off a desperate shot that bounces to Kelch who tucks in the only goal for Jelly's squad. Good guys win 3-1
    [​IMG]

Game 2:

Much like game 1, Eagle Fang handled TOA and forechecked like crazy. Curdogg would get his shutout here that he should've had game 1. Uneventful until near the end of the first when Bomber would find Ian in the top slot for another top left corner snipe. Second period begins and Odd find sober right off the puck drop, as he blows by the defense to score. It took until the third for Bomber to find Roman who finds Sober in front for a backhander to seal the deal for a 3-0 win.
    [​IMG]

Game 3:

Yam's series X tells all of his controllers to take a hike halfway through the first period
    [​IMG]

Ian hits Roman, who finds Sober for the one timer goal to make 1-0. Drama is caused from this as I know I was unaware Yam was afk, and no one messaged Odd. Regardless, we had to restart after the first period ended. No differences as Roman would collect a puck behind the net and sift his way to the front for a short side snipe, 2-0. Odd would then once again find sober off the faceoff for a clapper, 3-0. In the third, the ducks would find a way to spoil Curdogg's shutty again, but the sweep was solidified.
    [​IMG]

Superstar played great in net, because all three of those games could've been blowouts if he didn't make some big saves. Kelch actually didn't do bad in the dots either, and he played positionally well. Respect for playing a position you aren't well acquainted with for the team. Good games Ducks, and good luck the rest of the season.

Stars of the Series:

1: Curdogg- .067 GAA, .926 S%, 1 SO

2: Sober- 5G 1A

3: Roman- 2G 4A

Series 2 vs Chinese Finger Traps (Hergy)

This series was more back and forth, but in the end the Eagle Fangs couldn't be finger trapped. Sober demands finger popping of buttholes, so Odd's team is well prepared.
    [​IMG]

Game 1:

The good guys opened up the scoring as Sober finds Adrenaline with space, and he drives the net for Death to make a pad save only for Ian to scoop up the rebound and tuck it far side. Hergy ties it in the second with some dirty maneuvering, as my thumbs crumbled. In the third period, Odd hits Sober streaking and he drives the net for a rebound that goes off the finger traps defense who were rushing to get back.
    [​IMG]
    2-1 good guys. Soon after, Odd finds Ian in the low slot for a PPG, 3-1. Finger traps would hit the twine one more time to make it 3-2 with 2:00 min left in the third. Time winds down and with 10 sec left they pull the G, good guys would win the faceoff for Odd to make a gorgeous feed to Sober for an easy empty netter. 4-2
    [​IMG]
    ok well that was a little belated but i saw it and had to use it LOL
    [​IMG]

Game 2:

This game went the other way, and the traps scored the first of many. In the second period Adrenaline would find Ian in the slot, who shoots a low rebound shot straight to sober for the tap in, tie game. Bomber would slide the puck behind the net to Sober who hits Adrenaline in the circle for a one time goal off of Death's shoulder. Traps quickly tie it, and wouldn't let the Eagles back in it. Eagle Fang found themselves down by two goals late in the third, and started to go out all out to comeback. Instead more goals were given up, and the game ends 6-2 bad guys.
    [​IMG]

This does not sit well with Bomber, as game 7 Bomber became activated….

A wild game 7 Bomber has appeared!

Run or Fight

The Chinese Finger Traps chose to fight
    [​IMG]

Game 3:

This game was all Eagle Fang Puckers, as Bomber wastes no time 5 mins in to pick up a faceoff in the defensive zone and go coast to coast to snipe Death glove side top shelf.
    [​IMG]
    Goal number 2 doesn't come until late in the second as Ian finds Adrenaline on the left post who snaps it over to Sober for the wrister. Tic tac toe baby. With 22 sec left in the second, the Puckers are on a PP and Bomber makes a great poke to keep it in the zone. Ian collects it and shovels it up the wall to Odd who lightly gets the puck over to Adrenaline for an absolute beauty of a clapper top left corner. 3-0. Halfway through the third, Adrenaline and Sober play catch until Adrenaline passes to Sober behind the net with speed for a smooth wrap around goal. 4-0. Under 4 min left in the route, and Odd intercepts a pass in the neutral zone to find Sober streaking behind the defense for a drink. 5-0 final, and another shutty for Curdogg.
    [​IMG]

Don't make Bomber angry folks, he's the Bruce Banner of 239. It was a tough series, but game 3 the Puckers were determined. Respect to Hergy and the Chinese Finger Traps, good luck the rest of the way.

Stars of the Series:

1: Sober- 5G 3A

2: Odd Guy- 5A

3: Curdogg- .800 S% 32 SV 1SO

For those of you who stuck it out through my TL;DR write-up hopefully you enjoyed it. If you didn't or you hated how long it was so you refused to read it well….
    [​IMG]
    Next the Eagle Fang Puckers have Pogs and Swizzy, another two tough matchups, and we'll see if the Puckers can keep this momentum going. So until next time 239...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Young Kelch and Ian The Berean like this.
  2. Young Kelch

Young Kelch Well-Known Member Admin

Good write up sir

Ian The Berean likes this.
  3. Jelly x 35

Jelly x 35 Active Member

Great write up and ggs

Ian The Berean likes this.