Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community

Season 21 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Articles' started by sdfsdfsdfwe OLD, Nov 9, 2021.

1. sdfsdfsdfwe OLD

sdfsdfsdfwe OLD New Member

Power Ranking - Written by Veds and Dutch. Remember these are just objective opinions, if you think we’re wrong, prove it.

TOP TIER - These teams put together solid squads that expect to win it all, and anything less can be considered a failure season. They’ll be the teams to beat and I expect to see them all toward the top of the standing when it’s all said and done.

#1 Team Cougs

Cougs drafted a great team in my opinion the best center in Dutch MDK. He also got dutch one of the top wingers in the league in Mantzzy, who will most likely win ROY. Then you have disnub on RW who will fit in just fine with the guys upfront. On the backend you have cougar who I think is the best dman in the league, and you pair him with a great dman in Barrdown, who can play defensive and also moves the puck well on breakouts. Then in net you have ducky who was a good price and i think he won't face too many shots and he will hold his own.

FWD A-

DEF A

G B-

#2 Team Ziggy

Ziggy is a rookie captain but i knew he wasnt gonna make a bad squad. He was able to get the bakery for cheap . Marty for 10 bods is a really good price for a vet guy who’s got a lot of hockey IQ. You pair him with 2 wingers like Abutt and Cee. They will do great since they have lots of chem. On defence you got Ziggy who's the 2nd best dman and he will be playing with hoots/dom. If i had to guess this will be another team with good all around defence . Then in net he got the best baker with DrugMonkey. In my opinion, Drug will end up being the Vezina winner this season .

FWD A-

DEF A-

G A

#3 Team Dmart

Dmarts team is gonna be a scoring threat . He went out and spent 82 bods on Wizzy and Mash. Some people would think thats dumb others will say its not . I think this team is gonna be hard to stop with there being only a few teams with solid defense . He got Veds for 12 bods to play wing and he's gonna cook . Dmart playing D this season is smart he will shut it down . Then at G he got pensfan who will be the next Veds and buzz in net.

FWD A+

DEF B+

G B-

TIER 2 - PLAYOFF WORTHY

These teams are all expected to make the cut at the end. They’ll come out grinding and I can see any of them making it to one of the top spots. They have enough talent on their rosters to make deep runs or maybe even win it all.

#4 Team Odd Summary done by ponch

Odd guys team looks to be one of the top teams, this team will defend very well and will probably destroy people offensively. With Odd and Seedew together on D look for them to completely shut it down. With Schwatz at C, Ronin at Lw and Bo Horvat on Rw look for them to be very hard to play against and also nearly impossible to stop. Snagging Bo for 5 bods is a complete steal, he wont be that cheap next season. Death2all in the pipes for a bod is crazy good value. I know odd will want to get the whole team some games xx of a kind and Klinky kirby fill out the roster as part timers but will play big roles with this team

FWD B+

DEF A-

G B

#5 Team Pale

Pale drafted a solid team all around but it's definitely a team that got a lot to prove . Upfront he's got Chum on lw who is a great all around player. Then I assume at center we will see Pale, who is a top center. If I had to guess he will be using a build with big tipper. Then at rw Rawb who is coming off a 239 championship ready to go back to back he's a player who is underrated but is one hell of a player. On D it will be Ando who is a solid dman probably playing with either Dual/Stoeyjopa . In net he has Vellerz(PHJ) who only went for 12 bods. I expect him to have a solid season after last year.

FWD B+

DEF B-

G A-

#6 Team MasterShotgun

Shotgun went with the PTer route, drafting a cast of very solid part time forwards. CashedKush, Willis, Levans, and Seedub are all top guys who would be getting paid 30+ bods each if they were signed up FT. If shotgun can manage to juggle availabilty I can see this team making a deep run. On defense he’s got Derekgnr and Pogs who both have lock down potential. With the captain in net these guys might be hard to score against. The only question mark here is if shotty will be able to manage his scheduling, especially with Kush and Willis both taking ownership in different leagues.

FWD A-
    DEF B+
    G B+

#7 Team Knifeinyourguts
    It seems like knife went into this draft with a game plan. That plan was get Sejje, and get guys who Sejje wants to play with. Seems like a great strat considering Sejje is the reigning MVP of 239. At 36 bods Knife got a very respectable deal on Sejje and built around him. I don’t really know much about Halfsac or JRD but I have a feeling everyone will know who they are by the end of the season. With Knife and (I believe) Barretfittycal on defense, the back end might be a little bit questionable but with the 239 legend, Bcripps in net he will probably be able to bail them out if they run into trouble. Overall I think the forward chem might be able to make this team a dark horse come playoff time.

FWD A-
    DEF C+

G A

TIER 3 - FRINGE

These teams are all on the cusp of being playoff teams, maybe they have a weak link or two that can be strengthened by trades or roster moves, but in my opinion they’ll end up needing to do something to get them into the position to make a run.

#8 Team Kaberle

Kaberle comes into the season with a very solid core of Halloffame, SurpriseMe and Legion, all very solid players. On offense they’ll be able to put up goals, especially against questionable D. They may struggle against top tier defense though. Fwaming is a good deal at 3 bods but straight lining isn’t quite as good this year so he may be easier to contain. On defense HOF is probably the best RD in the league but I can’t help to think that this back end may run into issues unless he can hard carry. This is not a bad team at all, and I think they’re a piece or two away from being a contender.

FWD B+

DEF A-

G B-

#9 Team Dvetts

Dvetts drafted a bunch of very solid forwards. AT43, Zigs, and Jelly/Zero pain. They’re going to score goals. That’s not going to be this teams problem. The defense may let them down though. Their backend will be Dvetts and Magilla with Rage in net. I think these guys are going to run into problems against high talent offenses. Mags is a very solid #2 dman but will Dvetts be able to hold down the fort and clamp some of these talented lines? Its going to be tough with players like Wizzy and Mash on the same line. We’ll see if they prove me wrong, but as is, I’m not sure if this team is going to have a shot at making a deep run for the belt.

FWD A-

DEF C+

G C+

#10 Team Gala

Gala apples. His team will make playoffs if Gagoots can prove that he isn’t overpaid at 25 bods. Either way, he did get a great deal on Sbdr paying a very low 28 bods. Sbdr is a playmaker who can create offense by himself if given enough room. If they can develop chem I can see these guys lighting up the scoreboard. Again though, this team has big question marks on defense. Will Gala and Trey be able to stop some of these high powered O lines? Will Gala bench himself to let Yam see some ice time? In net they’ve got Superstar, who I haven’t seen recently but the guy has been incredible in the past. He could make up for the lackluster defense. This team might get way better as the season progresses, especially if Gala can start to figure out how to defense a little more.

FWD B

DEF C+

G A-

#11 Team Danglez

Danglez drafted the duo of Njski and Sauce to carry the forward line but I’m not sure if it’ll be good enough. Sniper has decided to come out of net because it’s probably just too easy for him or something. I assume he wanted more of a challenge which i believe he’s going to get this season. He’ll be centering Ski and Sauce which will be huge with the transition to forward. On defense they’ve got the captain, Danglez, and an elite PTer in FDMkill. They’ll have to pull off some sweeps when Kill is in the line up because their D is gonna be sus at best during the other series during the week. LLcoolsam will be in net for them, who was a solid pick up at a meager 10 bods. This is another team that may struggle defensively and it might be their downfall.

FWD B+ (This may be higher if Sniper proves underpaid)

DEF B- (Higher when FDMkill is playing)

G B

#12 Team Thomahawk

Thomahawk went 42 on imnotevengood in hopes that he would hard carry. That’s going to be very difficult to do without proper support players. Welcometotheweb is going to have to play above his pay grade if this team is going to see success. Kelch is their 3rd forward and a solid support player but I’m not sure if these three are going to mesh. That’s going to be this teams X factor, if Web and Good develop chem, this team will surprise people. If not, expect them to stay in the basement all season. They drafted two solid RDs in SwaggyEwok and Upshall but who is going to bite the bullet and move to LD? Again, the theme of these fringe teams is questionable defense. I know gyneman can LD but will one of these combos be good enough to shut down some of the top offensive lines? We’ll have to wait and see.

FWD B

DEF B

G B+

Dominator Silva likes this.
  2. COUG4R HUNTER

COUG4R HUNTER New Member

yea cause they lookin hella inexpensive