Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community

SEASON 22 DRAFT TOP 5 OVERPAID PLAYERS

Discussion in 'Articles' started by RockyDanglez, Jan 17, 2022.

1. RockyDanglez

RockyDanglez New Member

What's up 239 fam, It's your boy Rocky aka Danglez. Today I'm going to talk about the top 5 most overpaid players in the recent draft. No hard feelings to anyone I bring up here. These are in no particular order.

1- VEDS(C,LW,LD,RD)
    Now I know Veds is a solid #2 skater and is coming off a great playoff performance. But i don't see him being worth 39 bods just yet. I personally thought he would go for 20-25 bods in the draft. This season is his chance to prove he's worth the BIG BODS.
    2- DUTCHMDK(C)
    Dutch is one of the best centers in this league without a doubt. But I absolutely cannot justify him going for 50 bods. 40-43 is more around the range I expected. It seems good was still able to make a solid squad around him which is impressive. Only hole on that team is LW. Yes, I'm talking about you Jon.
    3-CHUMLEE(LW)
    Chum is another #2 forward that got bid up to big boy numbers. I'm not really sure what Ducky was doing in this draft but that's a different discussion. I expected him to go around 20ish. While we are on the topic of Ducky's epic fail of a draft, I'm going to give an honorable mention to broken thumbs aka Marty who also went for 30. Under normal circumstances sure, 30 isn't too bad but he's missing some time so 30 is pretty steep.
    4-ACE SOUL(LD)
    This one hurts me to write; Ace is literally the nicest dude you could play with however 12 bods is a bit much for him. He has gotten significantly better at defense but i personally had him going 3-7.
    5- ROCKY I93I
    Yes, you read that right. I somehow got bid up to 19 bods. On Mel kippers big board I was listed as 5-10 which I somewhat agree with. I expected 10-15 personally but not 19! Not sure what HOF and mash were thinking here but hey, I appreciate the ego boost.
    Well, There you have it. My top 5 most overpaid players in the season 22 draft. [​IMG]