Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community

Season 22's Best/Worst Values + Waiver Wire

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Cortez TTV, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Cortez TTV

Cortez TTV Well-Known Member Media

Howdy folks. In the past, my writes normally contain A LOT of substance, writing, gifs, and more. This time around, we'll put some gifs and some writing but that's about it lmao.

AS A WARNING, there is a great portion of this league I am unfamiliar with as I haven't played Full Time since like Season 14 or something like that, but if I'm going to call out Young "my cape no longer fits" Kelch for not doing a write up the way he can actually do it, then I have to do it. We don't get lazy here, we get more creative.
    [​IMG]

So lets do BEST value first yeah, in no particular order?

1. Schwatz
    (LW, RW: Full Time) - 25 BODs

Okay, this guy right here, is THE OG Finnabuster. If you don't know what that means, then, you will soon. Schwatz is a #1 forward on any team he plays on and create offense while putting the puck in the net. Getting him for 25 BODs full time at his natural position is an absolute steal. Schwatz's only negative side to him is sometimes he hangs on to the puck too much. BUT, he puts the puck in the net. If there's anyone on your team that should hold it too much, should be him.
    [​IMG]

2. CroydonKnight9
    (RW, RD: Part time) - 4 BODs

I've never played with Croydonknight. But I do know, this guy is solid. I believe center is his natural position (could be wrong) but he's got thumbs and hockey IQ. I'm a believer in most people who have hockey IQ, thumbs, and are already solid can play mostly any position on the ice well. For Croy to only go for what would be 8 BODs Full Time is THE biggest steal in the draft.
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Anderson
    (C, RW, G: Full Time) - 26 BODs

Anderson is THE utility player in 239. Can play all 6 positions and arguably be top 5 in any of them. If you start building your team with Andy and continue from there, you can't really go wrong. He is a 2-way player that can play top tier defense at center and bury the puck. At RW he can carry the puck and create plays while assisting his RD. Wrap that up in a bow with how solid he is as a goalie as well. 26 BODs for Andy is still a great number but should easily be 30+ in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

4. xRoamingxRoninx
    (G: Full Time) - 4 BODs

Imma call him Dali anyway. If you're not familiar with Dali, this guys FUCKS. It's that simple. 4 BODs as a full time goalie and can be the potential vezina winner if his team can play a lick of defense in front of him. Dali is someone who is head strong and will lead his team from the back end. He will stand on his head and keep some great plays out of his net all while making sure the guaranteed saves happen. If his emergency games are on for defense/forward, his 4 BODs value alone is criminal.
    [​IMG]

5. McSwaggerx92
    (C, LD: Part Time) - 5 BODs

I've played several seasons with Swag and absolutely love this guy. I'm surprised not too see him have RW on but am happy to see him have C and LD. Swag went 12-0 in the playoffs in season 15 on Super Kick Party. In that season he learned how to be a great two-way defensemen. Swag can create offense similarly like Schwatz, and can play defense similarly like Anderson. I'd be interested in seeing him play Center and see how since playing Defense for a championship season would turn out. 5 BODs for Swag at either C or LD part time is pretty low. Should be a 15 BOD guy, even at PT.
    [​IMG]

6. TheLime18
    (LD, C, RW, LD, RD, G: Full Time) - 10 BODs

I'm putting Lime here to stroke his ego. Lime every season he plays goalie since like season 9 has been the first time he's touched the game type season. Lime is always in contention for Vezina when he plays and is on a WIZZYWAR TEAM. Wizzy lives/dies on getting Lime on his team. I'd be interested in doing the math on how many times they've played together and have made the finals/won, because I'm sure it's A LOT. Lime is a stud and will keep the puck out of the net on easy shots, and will always come up with a clutch save in moments you won't expect them. Easily a 25+ BOD goalie.
    [​IMG]

7. Epiik
    (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, G: Full Time) - 16 BODs

Epiik is one of those "under the radar" kind of guys. He moves the puck well, is very positionally sound, and is a great utility player. He can play forward well, defense greatly, and even a solid goalie when he's in net. 16 BODs I feel is low. I would give him a 25 BOD value so getting him for 9 less I think is great.
    [​IMG]

8. P4LE PWNR
    (G: Full Time) - 5 BODs

I just like putting pale on any lists because he's normally on them anyway. Even if he's the one writing it. LMAO I kid pale, I kid. Pale is a very very solid goalie. Especially if he's on his game. 5 BODs for a guy who's won a vezina in 239 before is just mind blowing. But then again, Thomahawk didn't get drafted and has won a championship or two as goalie here as well and plays well. Maybe this season people just knew they didn't need to drop the BODs? Pale is another 15-20+ BOD goalie.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    every captain running off with their BODs after they got these great deals.

The WORST value picks:

1. Cortez TTV
    (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, Part Time) - 12 BODs

I'm a fucking bench player and I went for 12 BODs at part time and haven't played in 239 in a hot minute. Yeah I can play all 5 positions and sometimes my thumbs work, but for the value of 24 BODs full time in this draft? Without playing in several seasons? No shot.
    [​IMG]

that's it, that's the worst value picks.

[​IMG]
    everyone thinking I was actually going to roast players I don't know

NEXT PAGE IS THE WAIVER WIRE.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. Cortez TTV

Cortez TTV Well-Known Member Media

I wanted to create this page to break down the waivers. There’s a few I don’t know so PLEASE leave a comment on the ones I have no information on so they can get some coverage.

So now, making their way from all the WAY DOWN THE BENCHHHHHHH! It’s the key people to helping you get some extra points this season. Let’s break them down.

[​IMG]

Pens71Fan: (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, G, Full Time)
    Pens normally plays LW and in his 3 seasons in 239 he’s played a total of 36 games with a total 45 points. That means this man is averaging more than 1 point per game. Of his 45 total points, he has 23 goals meaning more than half his points are goals. So, the good news is, he can bury the puck. PLUS, being a guy that has all 6 positions willing is a great thing. As a former captain, you have a guy that can score, has all 6 spots listed, and is ready to be picked up for 1 BOD. If you’re team is struggling at any point, might not be a terrible guy to pick up.

Phinny: (G, Full Time)
    Straight up, Phinny is a very solid goalie. If your team struggles at all with goal tending, do NOT hesitate to pick him up. He will keep the puck out of the net, makes the stops you need, and come up with a big save here and there. Lifetime stats at goalie, GAA: 2.69, SV%: .808. Pick him up.

RageInACage: (G, Full Time)
    Another solid goalie. Rage is known for his frankenstein gifs in 239. He comes up with some great saves here and there and can keep shots out of the net. If you’re having goalie issues, here yah go. Lifetime stats at goalie, GAA: 3.02, SV%: .762. In the playoffs he's better with a GAA: 2.40 and SV%: .782

The Thomahawk: (LW, C, RW, G, Full Time)
    Okay so Tommy here is a goalie who has won several championships in net and I can’t remember if he’s won a vezina or not but should have at least once. Tommy plays great in net and is a great option as your 3rd forward. He can put the puck in the net, can pass it, and will always show up. Having him as your bench/utility player for all his options is great. Having him as your #1 G should have already happened unless you have a top 5 goalie in the league. Lifetime stats in net, GAA: 3.07, SV% .773. In playoffs he's better GAA: 2.78 and SV%: .789

AC09DC: (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, Full Time)
    AC is a great team player. Another solid utility player too. He’ll always show up and never complain. Great lockeroom guy and I believe is one of the key people on this list to try on your team if you’re struggling. He’s a #2 option for defense but solid, and a #3 option for forwards but better than most #3 options at forward. Lifetime stats, GP: 198, Total Points: 234, Goals: 120, Assists: 114

DoctorBob134: (LW, C, RW, Full Time)
    This guy made a great goalie get so frustrated that he got rule 1d from 239 eventually. I’d assume he’s a great lockeroom guy from his chirps alone. See how he plays in some waiver games and track his stats. I’d check him out. Lifetime stats, GP: 17, Total Points: 16, Goals: 6, Assists: 10
    "Cortez, you forgot to write that I'm a fucking legend. Nice touch on the goalie thing though." - Doctorbob134

Sniper0270: (LW, C, RW, Full Time)
    I don’t have enough characters to tell you all about Sniper. This guys is a class act through and through. Can play LW and Center pretty well and will be a very very very good #3 option and even some teams #2 options. I haven’t checked but if he has emergency goalie on you definitely should pick him up too just for that option as he’s a certified STUD in net. Pick him up. Lifetime stats, GP: 637, Goals: 158, Assists: 226

[​IMG]
    all these guys dancing together just waiting for someone to use their head

People I am unfamiliar with to the point that I don’t feel I can make valuable comments on their play. If they’d like to comment on their play styles and/or others would like too, please do!

TheJSquad21 (RW, G, Full Time)

AlphaD0g2 (LW, RW, LD, RD, Full Time)

BCO25 (LW, C, RW, Full Time)

KH2070 (LW, RW, Full Time)

McDollarMenu (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, Full Time)

SlothyDelux (C, RW, Full Time)

Dethmaul (LD, RD, G, Part Time)

Viral#8878 (LW, C, RW, LD, RD, Part Time)

Google’s83 (G, Part Time)

[​IMG]

With that, that’s the write up for this season. I wish all y’all the best of luck in Season 23 and can’t wait to see where we all make it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022