Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community
  1. Season 14 Signups
    Click Here

Yambagian Captain Ranks & Friday Frodown Info!

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Yambag021, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Yambag021

Yambag021 Well-Known Member King of Media Admin

Ok, time to get back at it for the final day of draft postings, yambagian style

[​IMG]

So far everyone in the pool so far has been ranked by what i feel gives whoever drafts them their best chance to win, here's those ranks. i will be updating those posts today with new signups, so check back before draft day for the final updated info.

Goalies/Part Timers/Time to Change Your Signups

D-men(women)
    Forwards
    Multiple Position/Role Players

Let's wrap it up with the actual Captain rundown
    [​IMG]

IMO this captain pool breaks down into two groups. Top Picks and Trapers, I'll break them down into these groups based on who i think has the best advantage going into the draft.

Top Tier Players
    1. @xDLxBrIcKCiTyNj : Brick dragged Bbx's team to a deep playoff run, but let's not forget how that finished...[​IMG] That said, brick is the captain here in this draft that can do the most with less around him, and he is a top player at LD and Center, so he clearly has an advantage going in. If i'm him, i back out of round 1 via trade and move up out of round 5. 2 second rounders and his "worst" guy is a fourth puts him in good shape
    2. @P4LE PWNR : Another top player (Center is his best imo) that can play multiple positions and seems to do more with less. Pale always has a roster you dont think will do well when the season starts, but he almost always puts together a deep run
    3. @Master Sh0tgun : Scoff if you will, but he is a top goalie in a season where the goalie pool is a dried up puddle of piss before everyone will have a tender. Shotgun twice now has taken teams that had me personally shaking my head, but he has surprisingly good seasons, until someone goes MIA in the playoffs (Hi Sober). If Shitgun can get a lineup who shows up in the playoffs (literally), he can make a run
    4. @Bluelineking7 : Best dman in the pool imo, and he has his ringers signing up. i'll say this nice and big for the slow kids. BLUELINEKING HAS A BUNCH OF BUDDIES SIGNING UP. SCOUT THEM AND DONT LET HIM DRAFT A BFF TEAM
    5. @surpriseme22 : Perennial former goal champ is dipping his toes in the water. If you're asking me, He drafts Pogs and they play on the same team for the 342993th time. I forsee his first pick being a forward for him to work with if it isnt Pogs
    6. @Ozzy9041 : Ozzy is a guy it seems lots of people forget about, but he can let his nuts hang on the offensive side and bury the puck with the best of them. He's quietly been here a while and I have faith he has enough knowledge of the pool to do well
    7. @Wizzywar : Wizzy is a top player, but in one of the deepest positions (RD), but he has a solid knowledge of players and inane ability to predict draft picks. One concern I have is he tries to be "that guy" and play forward when he should be on D.
    Trapers
    1. @Hugh Laurie 88 : People love eating up his bullshit and then handing over studs for pennies on the dollar. Happens every time, it'll happen again. He may not be the top player he was or draft the best team, but he will for sure do the most/best upgrading before it's said and done. Here's Hugh when he doesn't get Daly or Eso [​IMG]
    2. @MAGILLA72 : Every season he captains, he swaps a late rounder for a 1-2 rounder. Shit, he had a first rounder riding the pine before. I think he just gets bored and does it because he can. Mags is a sneaky guy, watch how he drafts and operates his team...until playoffs...then his whole team forgets how to NHL.
    3. @A9ent XOO7 : Agent is known to make some good draft picks and swap out bad ones to upgrade. He does have the ability to play multiple positions, so that leaves his draft strategy to go with more of a "best guy on the board". Let's just hope he's sober on draft night...
    That's all i got for now, let's give some media info!

Thursday Throwdown will be hosting a special Friday edition at 10:45pm est. They will be picking the draft order and discussing captains. The link will be shared in chat.

Good luck to all and Yam bless.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Hugh Laurie 88

Hugh Laurie 88 Well-Known Member Admin

Swing and a miss.... So close :drug:

JoeSto likes this.
  3. ac09dc

ac09dc Active Member Media

“yam bless”......phrase of the year love it

elliottism and Yambag021 like this.
  4. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Well-Known Member Captain

You really did great with these commish

[​IMG]

A9ent XOO7 and Yambag021 like this.
  5. Yambag021

Yambag021 Well-Known Member King of Media Admin

get that mock ready, mock daddy.

and i'd tell you to jam that commish shit, but you used a great gif/movie.

DrugMonkeyRX likes this.
  6. Wizzywar

Wizzywar Well-Known Member

3 seasons as a d-man (and love to my teammates).......

3x Presidents' Trophy
    2x Championship
    I'll give you a hint into my team building strategy, Yammy:

[​IMG]

7. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Well-Known Member Captain

[​IMG]

CortezEA likes this.
  8. CortezEA

CortezEA Well-Known Member Media

Well it’s the island, not Thursday throwdown, so you’re right

x AbiLiTy x likes this.
  9. CortezEA

“The Island” , do not put us on the category of Thursday Throwdown

x AbiLiTy x likes this.
  10. CortezEA

Meant to have an eyes emoji after, but you get it

x AbiLiTy x likes this.
  11. Young Kelch

Young Kelch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

x AbiLiTy x likes this.
  12. x AbiLiTy x

x AbiLiTy x Well-Known Member Admin Media

Great job with these mocks, Yam!
    #1, like Cortez mentioned.. It’s “The Island”. not the “Thursday Throwdown”.
    #2. The Thursday Throwdown was re-branded, “The Throwdown”
    #3. The Throwdown is non existent.. lmao
    #MegaYamFail

Young Kelch likes this.