Welcome aboard the
239 Hockey Community
  1. Season 14 Signups
    Click Here

Yambagian Pre-Draft Rankings (Day 1, Goalies & "Extra" Spots )

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Yambag021, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Yambag021

Yambag021 Well-Known Member King of Media Admin

Since I'm not captaining, i've deciding to do some pre-season shit, but not the typical mock drafts. That said, I've decided to simply rank everyone (EVERYONE, noone will to unmentioned, if i miss someone, call me on it) by position. Part of doing this is in hopes of people learningabout other members and captains NOT failing on draft night

Some notes to be aware of:

- I will release a 1 or more "positions" a day. I will update these are new fucks sign up
    - These are my opinion, i DGAF about yours when i made this, so kindly jam "you're wrong!" in your ass, unless it's a position I'm wrong on. That said, give feedback if there's shit you like or think could be better with these

[​IMG]
    - Touching on the last note, no, i'm not factoring "well billy isnt the 69th RW'er bc he has chemistry with Brick". These are all face value ranks, not ranks based on who guys will drape to
    - Some guys I will 100% be ranking based on "community opinion". Guys who I don't know but I've heard overwhelming opinion on that they are good (or bad). They will be in red, updated changes will be made in green
    - I'll do one "category" per post here bc I dont want to go over the limit, dont start replying or shit until i say i'm done, or i'll just delete it
    **EDIT/DISCLAIMER**
    Everyone is going on one list. That's it. Yea, I'm aware Seedub can play forward and defense for example. I'm listing everyone in their best position on the ice for each list. Otherwise these would be retardedly annoying to do. Maybe next season I'll list a "everyone worthy of being drafted at every position".

[​IMG]

Goalies
    Kicking it off with goalies because as it stands we have 7 "legit" goalies who will be drafted, so hopefully posting this now gets some more of you lazy tenders (kidding, i love you all sexually :inlove::Eggplant:) to sign up
    1. @Xdlx njdevil10 : Dude was a monster last season. Did his D help? Sure...but the dude shows no obvious weak spots
    2. @The Thomahawk : Guy is at worst a top 3 goalie, but i have him slotted at 2 for this ranking. He added goalie back which is a wise move for his cup chances as well as the chances we DON'T see a team icing Jets Killer as goalie. (Love you Jets, Santa Yam)
    3. @SirPuffinton420 : Guy went from undrafted to the finals. Only issues with him are if he can show up for 10pm bc of other games and can he stay less high than the cast of Half Baked?
    4. @wolf master00 : Guy never posts, never says a word, nothing, but he consistently goes out and posts good numbers.
    5. @PeacfulBob : People give me shit when i say this, but Bob is a good goalie. If you communicate with him and he knows what you're going to cover, he will cover the rest. He will 100% go later than he should. Linkrunner: Bob is out, Link is in. Link is a stud, but gets streaky sometimes, which is why he lands at the #5 spot.
    6. @MACNORTH : Mac has taken off a few seasons. I yamsume that will impact his game. If he had been playing consistently he would be up there for #1-2.
    7. @Sniper0270 : Sniper back in the "old days" of MHL, was his era's cripps. It was almost unfair if you had to play him. Since, he's refused a goalie a bunch of seasons and is finally windmilling his way back into the pipes. If he is even close to his old form, this 6 of 7 ranking is kids laughing worthy.
    8. @HavocXSG : Solid d-man, but better goalie.
    9. @HELLBENTxWilly : This guy is new. I've been told he's "hot or cold, but decent". He also joined the site, shit on legion in chat, and immediately was looking to play net on a fucking Tuesday at 2pm...which should puts him way higher if this list was based on "guys who I want to be in a party with", but it's not
    10. @WhoUsedAlltheTP : Heard he's a good guy, ok in net. Not much to give on this guy, sorry.
    11. TheeClumsyNinja: Pain in the ass a few seasons ago, getting another show, goalie only, so he better be decent at it lol.
    12. @Dalilaama : He's been a stud goalie in the past, but I havent seen him play net consistently here. He's #12 bc of this, so do your scouting on this guy!
    13. **SPECIAL NOTE** FunDip x 88: I had a special category of "Retards Who Failed at Signing up", but this dude was all alone, so i'll throw him here. He said he is FT, but wont prioritize. That's not a thing. if he doesnt correct this, he will go to the PT pool. Word is he is a decent goalie, but whiny. Neganbag fans, please contain your excitement, this may be one guy to watch... HE GONE

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  2. Yambag021

List #2, born off the first ranking is ...

There's Still Time to Change Your Position
    1. @The Thomahawk : We get it Thom, you went to the finals as a winger. It is truly an inspirational story. Now time to wake up and get back to a position you dominate at. You're a top 2 goalie in this league. Thom has changed his signup to add goalie
    2. @x AbiLiTy x : LW? LD? Cmon fam. Goalie is where it's at, just dont wind up with Odd Guy on d again and you'll be fine :chirp:
    3. @legion : There's two things you need to come to realize legion. 1, you're fat. 2, you're a goalie. You'll get drafted even if you refused all but "team dietitian" simply for your team chat comments and party chatter, but if you want to win, goalie's the place for you.
    4. @PeacfulBob : Bob Changed his signup to remove goalie. I guess he doesn't want to play nhl this season? :barf:
    List #3

Part Timers
    1. @ReV Hellcat : Best part timer on the board in a position (as LD, not "top 3 C :bait:
    2. @Ezreal , Can take over an offense, but his playoff success has been sketchy...
    3. @Dominator Silva : Solid RD in a weak RD pool (we'll get to that another day)
    4. @CortezEA : A jack of all trades, master of nothing guy. Can be plugged into multiple positions (including goalie) and can play them at at least a competent level.
    5. @Swagg x 92 : Hide yo kids hide yo goal line shots, swagg is back. like a budget version of ezreal :McVegan:
    6. @Thirty7inarow : he played 1 game last season, it was in net. went 1-0-0 with i believe a 1.00 gaa.
    7. @TimeToGetSteven : If he's not swiping right on WalmartMingle, convincing someone "no really, THIS will be the good DC movie", or in denial about the Maple Laffs, he can play. Oh wait, he REFUSED goalie. That said....[​IMG]
    8. youngbuffalo88: Referred by Bluelineking. Again, I don't see BLK referring scrubs. He'll be worth a look.
    9. @BarrettFITTYcal: Hey, another Blueline referral. Dear god, scout these guys...
    10. @dvetts10 : ok, i'm convinced, Blueline is gonna have a ten man roster of ringer studs...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. HELLBENTxWilly

HELLBENTxWilly New Member

Heck yeah I made top 10 lmfao

4. legion

legion Well-Known Member

i will gladly go undrafted and be the only asshole in the waiver pool before i ever play net in this fucking game again.

but yes, i am fat.

5. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Well-Known Member Captain

stfu and stop pucks

6. legion

legion Well-Known Member

not as easy as you fucking thought is it, ass hat ?

7. That 1 odd guy

That 1 odd guy Well-Known Member

I love that the guy that has a career minus and winning percentage under .400 is chirping me, and considering his first plus season and highest winning percentage came on team with me. Just saying.

8. Yambag021

it's hard to hear you from inside those backpacks.

be patient, RD day will be thur or friday, there's more to come.

9. That 1 odd guy

That 1 odd guy Well-Known Member

Oh i cant wait for this. Lol

10. Wizzywar

Wizzywar Well-Known Member

11. xD A L Y

xD A L Y Well-Known Member Admin Media

+1 on this thread

12. PeacfulBob

PeacfulBob Active Member

Not sure why yambag can be so blind to talent sometimes... good writeup but you still got gaping holes in your talen assessment

13. Yambag021

i see things that are debatable, but "gaping holes in talent assessment" is...

Eso.PNG

that said, we may need another captain. would you be interested?

FeenixRising23 likes this.
  14. x AbiLiTy x

x AbiLiTy x Well-Known Member Admin Media

On the opposite side of the coin, think about everyone with inflated ego’s and biased player assessment.
    I’m more interested to see, (because it will undoubtedly happen) how this will impact some captains draft picks.
    Happens every draft, where an article or media personality gets in the mind of a drafting captain.
    And also, props to Yam for doing this and making it entertaining. Good shit :coolthumbup:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  15. PeacfulBob

PeacfulBob Active Member

If the captain did their job and did t just pick their friends... biased opinions shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Ian The Berean and Yambag021 like this.
  16. Yambag021

agreed 100%. far too many times we see captains take nubs that are their buddies and say "no really, we're good we have chem". Hopefully these rankings remind some captains who is best where or lets them realize the lack of depth in some positions.

i'd still like to hear about these "gaping holes" in my talent analysis, don't worry, i'll wait.

17. Wizzywar

Wizzywar Well-Known Member

wait for dis gaping hole :Eggplant:

(I did the thing. I’m not proud)

18. TheLime18

TheLime18 Active Member

19. TheeClumsyNinja

TheeClumsyNinja New Member

I was told to sign up only as goalie, i wont disappoint anyone who picks me up though